You are here: Home / Music / Music Student Testimonial

Music Student Testimonial

A selection of testimonials from students who have completed the BMus (Hons) Music programme
Nial Dalton – MMus (specialising in Composition and Music Technology)

As a postgraduate student taking the MMus course at the University of Ulster, Magee, I find the module choices varied and interesting, and the content engaging. I chose to study on a part-time basis over two years, allowing me to continue teaching music, something I really enjoy and was not prepared to forego; a great deal of the work undertaken on the MMus complements my teaching work.

I particularly enjoy the modules in composition. This year I have been afforded opportunities to write music for National Geographic and BBC television programmes. Both the teaching and technology staff are highly supportive of my work and bring a level of knowledge, experience and expertise to the course that is unsurpassed. In addition, I have ready access to resources including surround sound recording studios and the most current software.

Sophie Shiels – BMus (specialising in Performance)

I came to the University of Ulster immediately after completing my A-levels in secondary school and am currently embarking on my final year in the Bachelor of Music degree. Being a first-study vocalist, Magee has presented me with numerous opportunities to gain profound experience in performance. A real highlight for me occurred at the end of my first year, when I had the privilege of performing the lead role in the Opera production, Ulysses, which was composed and directed by Magee’s own Laurence Roman.

I have been provided with a singing tutor of excellent caliber and reputation to whom I give much credit for the significant improvement in my voice as well as my performance skills. Other events such as choir concerts, of which I was the soloist in two, workshops hosted by world class vocalists, lunchtime and evening recitals in the fine acoustics of Londonderry's churches and Magee's Great Hall have all had a huge impact on me as a vocalist and opened doors to further performing opportunities beyond my expectations.

Document Actions

« June 2017 »
June
MoTuWeThFrSaSu
1234
567891011
12131415161718
19202122232425
2627282930

University of Ulster Choir